We all have had days where we looked in the fridge and all we see staring back at us is LEFTOVERS! Do we heat them up and eat the same thing again and again for however long they last? Or do we try something different? Well, I have scoured the internet and brought you healthy leftover hacks.
- Create small portions of leftover veggies or soups to take with you to lunch or put in the freezer for later use.
- Pour your leftover morning coffee or smoothie into ice trays and use them as ice cubes later in water or non-dairy milk.
- Cutting fruit, use the peels to make flavored water. Place in glass jars in fridge and they will be ready to go. Of course you can always use the whole fruit too.
- Freeze leftover tomato paste for later use.
- Freeze ginger for later use too.
- Microwave leftovers by creating a hole in the middle and they will warm up quicker and more evenly.
- Freeze fruit on the verge of being too ripe to throw into smoothies.
- A little lemon juice on the non-used portion of an avocado will keep it from browning.
- Use leftover scallion roots to grow new ones, just place in water.
- If all else fells turn leftovers into a burrito.
- Sweet potato toast…slice one lengthwise, toast in your toaster, and pile on whatever you like.
- Use Ezekiel bread and toast it then top with tomato sauce, bake for five minutes, and topped with freshly shaved fennel and herbs. Think of a little pizza toast heaven.
I hope you find those helpful as I did! Leave a comment with any hacks you have and please share this blog!
Latest posts by Laurie Marbas (see all)
- Partnering With Blueberry Health - April 1, 2022
- 5 Ways to Decrease Your Blood Pressure - December 6, 2020
- Are you Eating the Healthiest Diet? - August 31, 2020