We all know beans are good for you and black beans do not disappoint! Full of fiber, protein, and nutrients your body will be craving more!
Black bean soup is simple, delicious and leftovers are always better! This recipe is quick and easy and can easily be made in larger batches if cooking for the week.
Enjoy this recipe and please let us know how you like it! Please share with your friends after all they deserve a yummy bowl too!
What you need:
- 1 bunch green onions (about 6), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small vegetable bullion cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot powder mixed with 6 teaspoons water, set aside
What to do:
- In a pot, combine the first 7 ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half a can of beans, cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup with lemon juice and arrowroot solution (I use a high powered blender but you could use an immersion blender too).
- Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
- Add back to medium heat and stir until thickens to desired consistency.
- The optional topping includes chives or diced avocados.